The hustle and bustle of the Christmas shopping season are upon us. Whether you are braving the crowds at the stores or shopping from the comforts of your home, you are no doubt looking for the perfect gift to give to those you love the most.
We all have received the perfect gift of all time, the gift of our Savior. After all, if it weren’t for Him, we would not even be celebrating this holiday. His name is literally in the word itself; Christmas.
The greatest gift that we have ever received is eternal life through Jesus. Through His death, resurrection, and ascension into heaven, we are redeemed and seated with Him and the Lord. (Ephesians 2:6)
Close Your Eyes and Imagine for a Moment
It’s early Christmas morning, and the house is as quiet as a mouse. You suddenly wake up with excitement and think, “It’s finally Christmas! I wonder what Jesus brought me?”
You throw back the covers and run out to the family room, and there, patiently waiting for you to wake up, is Jesus, Himself. With a smile on His face and His arms open wide, you run into His arms.
“I’ve been waiting for you, child,” He softly speaks. “Are you ready for your gifts?”
“Yes!” you exclaim! “I’ve been waiting for this day for such a long time!”
You settle in next to Him, and He begins to hand you the gifts one-by-one.
Six Perfect Gifts Jesus Would Give to You this Christmas Season
- Uninterrupted Time. The first gift on the list is uninterrupted time together. Jesus doesn’t have a cell phone or social media to distract Him. He already knows what’s going on in the world. He wants to spend some one-on-one time with you. What would you talk with Jesus about? You have His undivided attention.
- Unconditional Love. Jesus knows the mess-ups, mistakes, and sins you did this year, and He still loves you. He repeats His love for you over and over because, in your human mind, you still cannot comprehend that someone can love you, unconditionally.
- Unlimited Hugs. It’s been over nine months of social distancing, and the lack of hugs is starting to wear on you. Jesus does not social distance, ever. Run to Him and embrace Him!
- Unlimited Compassion. You don’t need to keep all the hurt, tears, and loneliness bottled up inside of you anymore. Jesus wants to hear everything that has affected you during the pandemic.
- Understanding of the Word. You have many questions about some of the things you have read in your Bible, and you have a hard time comprehending their meaning. Here is your chance to ask about those verses and how to understand them better.
- Unlimited Peace. All the worries and fears you have are now replaced with peace. A peace that only Jesus can give you.
We Already Have These Gifts
Here is the wonderful thing about these gifts, Jesus has already given them to you!
- You have uninterrupted time with Him when you set aside time specifically to spend with Him. (Matthew 6:6)
- You have unconditional love. He loves you no matter what you have done in your life. He loves you so much that He died on the cross for you! (Romans 5:8)
- You have unlimited hugs. This isn’t physical, but every time you open your Bible, you can feel the words surround you and bring you comfort. (John 16:33)
- You have unlimited compassion. In the times when life is hard, Jesus knows what you are going through, and He has compassion. (Matthew 11:28-30)
- You have an understanding of the Word. Before opening your Bible, pray for the Lord to reveal Himself to you. (1 Samuel 3:10)
- You have peace. Throughout the Bible, the Lord provides you with a peace that only He can give you. (Psalm 23)
Friends, as we enter these next few weeks of the Christmas season, let’s find the peace that we need in Christ. 2020 has robbed us of many things; let’s take a stand and not let it rob us of the love of Christ.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
This post will be the last post of 2020. Thank you for joining me this year, and most importantly, thank you for your prayers and support! I will be back on January 4th with the January topic of soul care.
Be sure and check out these blog posts about the Christmas and Advent Season:
- Soul Care for the Holidays
- Experiencing Peace this Holiday Season
Download my “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christ-Centered Christmas” today! Click here to download this valuable resource today!
My name is Missy, and I am a Child of the King, wife to Craig, mom to Grant and Connor. I enjoy family time and the laughter that comes with it!