As we usher in 2019 in just two short weeks, I am not only reflecting back on 2018 but also looking forward to the new year.
As I ponder my goals for 2019, I can’t help but thank God for the goals that I have achieved in 2018; professionally, this blog is the top of the list! Thank you, my dedicated readers, for your support in the last six months. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for me in the next year!
Rise n’ Shine, it’s Bible Study Time!
As the new year begins, my focus is to continue to stay in the Word every day. After researching the many options out there, I will be changing up my morning routine, by focusing more on the Word, journaling, and more in-depth conversations with the Lord.
I am going to begin the day with:
- A devotional and scripture reading from the (in)Courage Devotional Bible https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1462785034?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=GG3CPHGASKX2D3XPV178
- Digging deeper into individual books of the Bible through the First5 app from Proverbs 31 Ministries.
- Journaling my thoughts and in-depth conversations with the Lord in my “Give Me Jesus” journal from Well-Watered Women Co. https://shop.wellwateredwomen.com/collections/journals/products/give-me-jesus-journal-winter-2018
- Read, and a ponder the words from these next two short devotionals. This will be done after the boys go to school and before I head into work. Mary’ DeMuth’s book, “Jesus Every Day” https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Every-Day-Journey-Through/dp/0736971017/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544913441&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=jesus+everyday+by+mary+demuth&psc=1
- Lysa TerKuerst’s, “Embraced – 100 Devotions to Know God is Holding You Close.” https://www.amazon.com/Embraced-Devotions-Know-Holding-Close/dp/1400310296/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544913802&sr=8-1&keywords=lysa+terkeurst+devotional+embraced
- I am going to bookend my day with Lord with a devotional book, co-written by my sweet friend, Anastasia Corbin. “When the Bases are Loaded – Encouragement for Moms to Hit the Grand Slam in Life.” https://www.amazon.com/When-Bases-are-Loaded-Encouragement-ebook/dp/B01G00WCHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544913993&sr=8-1&keywords=anastasia+corbin
This seems like a lot, but it really is not! I devote a little over an hour to Him each morning. I don’t like to rush through my quiet time, so if the Lord has me journaling longer than expected and I don’t get to read everything, it’s ok! It will be there tomorrow. My primary goal is to have some time with Him, not rush through and check items off of my to-do list!
The Top 5 Bible Studies that Impacted Me and Drew Me Closer to the Lord
- My all-time, hands down favorite Bible study is “Armor of God,” by Priscilla Shirer. If you look closely at the photo, you can see tabs upon tabs of where I marked important things that I want to remember. I refer back to this study quite often! “Armor Up!” is my daily battle cry! https://www.lifeway.com/content/lifeway/us/en/product-family/armor-of-god.html
- “Seamless – Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story,” by Angie Smith. This study brought the Bible as a whole and how it all flows together for me. https://www.lifeway.com/en/product/seamless-bible-study-book-P005644879
- “Discerning the Voice of God,” by Priscilla Shirer. Learn how to hear the voice of God in your life through obedience and daily communication. https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/discerning-the-voice-of-god
- “The Quest” by Beth Moore. While 3 of these 5 Bible studies are authored by Priscilla, I have done almost all of Beth Moore’s studies, and I can’t just pick one, so I decided to include her latest study. “The Quest” will put on you the path to intimacy with Jesus. https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/the-quest
- “Breathe,” by Priscilla Shirer. We all just need to “breathe” and take a break from the constant barrage of the world, which wants more and more of our attention. Learn that it is okay to say, “No!” and not feel guilty about it! https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/breathe
Do you have a morning routine or favorite Bible study? I would love to hear about it! Please feel free to use the comment section to let me know!
The Greatest Gift Ever – Eternal Life in Jesus!
Even as we sometimes struggle to find that perfect gift for someone we love, we can rest assured that we have already received that perfect gift ourselves through eternal life through our Savior. While we celebrate our Lord’s birth, we cannot forget why He came in the form of an infant and became a humble servant. It was to save us from our sins so we could have eternal life with God. This gift is something that cannot be forgotten or taken for granted!
Have a wonderful week, dear friends! Praying that you all find rest and relaxation before the craziness of Christmas festivities begins next week!
Blessings to you all!